Wednesday, April 6, 2011

this isn't an April Fool's joke, this phone call is real...{DR.WEINBERG}

Our house usually doesn’t celebrate April Fool’s Day…but this year was different!

At 6:00 a.m. I received the strangest text, 2 hour late start today.  I thought that surly Brad had gone crazy or was playing a joke on me.  I texted him back asking if there was a little ice on the road from all of last night’s rain?  (ha ha ha)  I quickly got a reply back with one dreaded word that explained it all…SNOW.
What?  That is right, we had 3 inches of snow on the ground.  I really thought for one moment that maybe I had dreamed this last year, and I was really still living in Duluth. 
At 6:30 I received a phone call confirming Brad’s text.  Dr. Weinberg, our superintendent, sent out a global phone message stating that school would be 2 hours late this morning.  His parting statement, “this isn’t a April Fool’s joke, this phone call is real!”

No comments:

Post a Comment