Monday, January 24, 2011

i can’t believe that my six year old just bought a wii…{BRAD}


As Max has been getting older, he has become increasing interested in money and how commerce works.  He saves his dollars happily, and gives to church joyfully.   So when he asked to use some of his birthday money for a BIG purchase…Brad and I said yes.
Yesterday was a BIG day for Max.  With all of his own money, Max bought himself a wii.  Brad and I explained to him that just because he bought it wouldn’t mean that he could spend all of his time playing games… it is still important to run and play.  We also told him that it was a lot of money, and to remember how long it took to save.  Did he really want to have to wait that long to rebuild his funds the next time he wanted to buy something.
I am very proud of my little guy.  He listened to what we had to say.  He thought very carefully about his purchase, asking many questions.  In the end he made his large purchase.  I am proud of how responsible he is, and so happy to see that the values we as a family see as important are also important to Max!
Good job little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment