Thursday, January 27, 2011

now this is a family that isn't bothered by the snow...{MR. CARL}



With our first real snow fall of the year, this week our family feels like we are back in MN
The snow stared to fall late Tuesday night and continued into Wednesday morning.  I thought that fore sure we would have a late start, if not a day off.  (this snow actually looked like it could be messy and tough to drive in, not like last week’s ½ inch dusting that kept schools closed Friday morning)  After checking the news over and over again…I realized that I better hustle up as Max would indeed have school and it would be starting on time.  Max and I headed off to school…
As I was dropping Max off at the front door of school I heard Mr. Carl, Max’s school principal say to me…”now this is a family that isn’t bothered by the snow.”  Apparently many of the parents were very angry that the children still had school on a day where the weather had become so dangerous…and with more snow coming, was the district out of its mind?
School was later called off at noon, giving all the children plenty of time to get home before the second round started.  The district did listen to all of the angry parents…today we have our first official snow day!  Max is enjoying the day off by playing in his snow fort!



No comments:

Post a Comment